Open Enrollment Begins November 1st: Secure Your Health with Obamacare!
Why trust Univista with your health insurance needs?
Navigating Obamacare can be complex, but with UniVista Insurance, you will never be alone on this journey. With our extensive team of experienced agents at your disposal, we work to help you identify and optimize the subsidies you are entitled to, ensuring you receive the lowest monthly premiums available.
Our primary aim is to ascertain your eligibility for government financial aid. Armed with unparalleled resources and expertise, you can count on us to guide you every step of the way, making sure you access the benefits you deserve.
Table of Content:
- Why choose Univista for Obamacare?
- Obamacare: Affordable Health Insurance
- Why is it Important to get Health Insurance during the Obamacare Period?
- How to “qualify” for Obamacare?
- When can I enroll in Obamacare 2024?
- Obamacare: Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze, which plan do I choose?
- Is it possible to have Obamacare in Spanish?
- Ten Reasons to Enroll in Obamacare
- Is it Convenient to Renew?
- Obamacare allows you to ensure your children up to age 26
- Obamacare: great evils great remedies
- Obamacare: Why are pre-existing conditions so important?
- Enroll Now for Obamacare!
Understanding Obamacare: Affordable Health Choices
Currently, the most affordable health insurance that exists in the market is offered by Obamacare through the Marketplace, why? Because through the Insurance Market, according to family income, you can qualify for a subsidy, a financial aid from the government, through which you will pay the minimum premium for health insurance, a health insurance that will cover practically everything from the medical point of view you may need at any scale, from visits to the doctor, specialists, labs, outpatient surgeries or any type of hospitalization, medical emergencies, emergency rooms. These health insurance that are in the Market are those that are qualified by law, and it is the only legal way to obtain health insurance in the country.
UniVista Insurance has hundreds of agents licensed and technically prepared to guide people to obtain the best subsidy according to their annual income and family size, and therefore, pay the minimum for insurance and have a plan that fits your needs. UniVista Insurance has these agents, call (305) 964-8803, and one of them will help you get what you need.
Why is it Important to get Health Insurance during the Obamacare Period?
The Obamacare period provides a unique annual opportunity, spanning 45 days, where all your queries get answered. Let’s address the most common questions we hear at UniVista Insurance:
Is Obamacare the same as health insurance?
No, Obamacare isn’t a health insurance plan. Instead, it’s a pivotal law that ensures every eligible person has access to high-quality, affordable health plans, many of which are subsidized by the federal government.
Do I need to have a low income to qualify for Obamacare?
No, qualifying for Obamacare is not limited to those with low income. Under the Affordable Care Act, to be eligible for assistance, you generally need to have an income ranging between 100% and 400% of the poverty level. For 2024, this equates to an income of $14,580 to $58,320 for an individual, and between $30,000 and $120,000 for a family of four.
What does a “quality” health plan mean under Obamacare?
Obamacare-compliant plans are required to adhere to certain standards and offer specific benefits. This ensures that individuals with subsidized plans receive health coverage comparable to those paying fully for private insurance.
When is the best time to enroll?
The annual enrollment period is your golden chance. It starts on November 1 and runs until January 15th each year.
I’m already on an Obamacare plan. Should I still pay attention to the enrollment period?
Yes, and here’s why: The enrollment window is the perfect time to evaluate and possibly transition to a plan that’s more in line with your health needs. For instance, healthier individuals might benefit from plans with lower premiums.
When does the new coverage kick in?
Plans initiated during this enrollment phase begin their coverage on January 1, 2024, and will remain active throughout the year.
What if I skip the Obamacare enrollment window?
Missing this period likely means forgoing subsidized insurance. This leaves you with pricier options that often offer less coverage than Obamacare-compliant plans.
How to determine your eligibility for Obamacare?
Each year, the federal government revises and updates the income thresholds for individuals and families to determine their eligibility for subsidized health insurance during the enrollment period. This initiative is a key aspect of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, commonly referred to as Obamacare.
The criteria for determining eligibility involve both the minimum and maximum income levels. These benchmarks allow individuals or families to avail the benefits of a subsidized health insurance plan.
Every January, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) releases the official poverty level, which acts as a guideline for income ranges. As an example, in January 2020, the HHS decreed that an individual without dependent children earning an annual salary of $12,760 is considered at 100% of the poverty level. Such individuals are eligible to access the subsidized health insurance marketplace, widely recognized as Obamacare.
To find out if you qualify and for more in-depth information, click here to learn more
Key dates: when is Open Enrollment for Obamacare 2024?
Mark your calendar for the open enrollment period for Obamacare 2024. It starts on November 1st, 2023, and concludes on January 15, 2024, providing a window of just 45 days.
Seize this limited-time opportunity to secure affordable, government-subsidized health insurance for the upcoming year. By choosing Univista Insurance, you position yourself for the best coverage options.
Did you miss the open enrollment? Special circumstances like a change of residence, job loss, childbirth, adoption, or a shift in marital status may qualify you for an enrollment period exception. Ensure you stay informed and take action promptly.
Obamacare plans: Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze – which plan do I choose?
Obamacare offers an array of health care plans, each tailored to fit various financial and health needs. The essence of these plans lies in their flexibility and the quality of care they guarantee.
The core of these offerings spans four categories: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Each category determines the beneficiary’s cost share when availing medical treatments.
- Bronze: This is for those who wish to have coverage for major health events and are okay with higher out-of-pocket costs for regular care.
- Silver: A middle-ground solution for those seeking reasonable monthly premiums and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Gold: Geared towards individuals or families who frequently seek medical care, it comes with higher premiums but more manageable out-of-pocket expenses.
- Platinum: For those desiring top-tier coverage, it offers the least out-of-pocket costs at the expense of higher premiums.
Deciding on the right plan can be challenging. Let Univista Insurance specialists assist you in choosing wisely or transitioning to a plan that serves you better.
Can I access Obamacare information in Spanish?
Absolutely! Understanding the intricacies of health insurance is vital for making informed decisions. To ensure that our Spanish-speaking community can fully grasp the details of Obamacare, we’ve made comprehensive information available in Spanish.
Univista Insurance is dedicated to ensuring that all members of our diverse community have the resources they need to navigate their health insurance options confidently. Our Spanish-speaking agents are on hand to answer any questions, guide you through the enrollment process, or help you understand the nuances of different plans.
Whether you’re more comfortable communicating in Spanish or simply want to share information with a Spanish-speaking loved one, rest assured that Univista Insurance has your needs covered. Accessing Obamacare in Spanish has never been easier. Contact us today for personalized guidance in your preferred language.
10 covered marketplace health benefits
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), popularly known as Obamacare, provides people with modest incomes with quality health insurance subsidized by the federal government. To achieve this, it established a health insurance marketplace, mandating the participating insurance companies to offer patients a minimum of ten essential benefits. Here are those cornerstone benefits:
- Outpatient Care: Services outside of hospital admissions, not necessitating an overnight stay.
- Emergency Services: Essential care for unexpected incidents or sudden health downturns.
- Hospitalization: Coverage that encompasses in-patient procedures, surgeries, and overnight stays.
- Maternity and Newborn Care: Comprehensive care from prenatal phases to postnatal periods, ensuring the wellness of both the mother and the newborn.
- Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services: Inclusive of behavioral therapies, counseling sessions, and psychotherapeutic treatments.
- Prescription Drugs: Insurance for medications that doctors prescribe, addressing both acute and enduring conditions.
- Rehabilitative and Habilitative Services: Assistance for individuals with disabilities, injuries, or chronic conditions, facilitating the recovery or enhancement of vital skills for daily functioning.
- Lab Services: Covers diagnostic tools, including blood tests and imaging such as X-rays.
- Preventive and Wellness Services: Emphasizing disease prevention through regular health screenings, patient counseling, and immunizations.
- Pediatric Services: Focused care tailored for children, which also encompasses dental and vision benefits.
Remember, while these benefits form the foundation, the specific coverage details may differ among plans. Always engage with knowledgeable insurance professionals, like those at Univista Insurance, to ensure you’re optimally covered.
Is It convenient to renew?
The question of whether to renew your Obamacare health insurance often arises. Many individuals are tempted to keep their existing plan due to the familiarity and convenience of not having to undergo the selection process again. However, it’s essential to periodically review and consider the pros and cons of renewal.
Benefits of Renewing:
- Continuity of Care: Staying with the same plan can ensure uninterrupted services and treatments, especially if you’re in the middle of ongoing medical care.
- Familiarity with the Network: If you’ve become accustomed to the healthcare providers in your current plan’s network, renewing can help maintain those established relationships.
- Consistency in Premiums and Benefits: If you’re satisfied with your current premium rates and the benefits offered, renewal can offer stability.
Reasons to Reconsider Renewal:
- Changing Health Needs: Your health needs can evolve over time. A plan that was once suitable may no longer align with your current requirements.
- Available Financial Assistance: There might be new financial assistance or subsidies available that make other plans more economically viable.
- Plan Adjustments: Sometimes, insurance providers make adjustments to their plans, like changes in the network of providers or the drug formulary. It’s wise to stay informed about any modifications.
Obamacare: Extending coverage for your children up to age 26
One of the many advantages of Obamacare is the provision allowing parents to extend their health insurance to cover their children up to the age of 26. Regardless of their marital, residential, or financial status, young adults can remain on their parents’ health plan, providing peace of mind for countless families.
- Financial Safety Net: Many young adults, especially those in college or starting their careers, might not have the financial capability to secure comprehensive health insurance. This provision offers them a financial safety net.
- Transition Period: This age range is often a transition period, with many moving between jobs, pursuing higher education, or even starting families. Having continuous health coverage during these critical years is crucial.
- Encouraging Regular Healthcare: Continuous coverage means young adults are more likely to receive regular check-ups and preventive care, setting the stage for long-term health habits.
Pre-existing conditions under Obamacare: Why they matter
Before the ACA, insurance companies could refuse coverage or charge higher premiums to individuals with pre-existing conditions. However, Obamacare changed the landscape dramatically.
- No More Denials: Insurance companies can’t refuse coverage due to pre-existing conditions, ensuring everyone has a fair chance at securing health insurance.
- Affordable Premiums: Insurers can’t hike up premiums based on health status, ensuring those with pre-existing conditions don’t face financial discrimination.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that their conditions won’t hinder their insurance prospects gives individuals peace of mind and encourages them to seek necessary medical care.
Ready to secure your health? Enroll in Obamacare now!
Your health is invaluable, and securing it should be a top priority. Obamacare provides a comprehensive, affordable, and accessible avenue to do just that. Don’t miss the open enrollment period. Reach out to specialists, like the ones at Univista Insurance, to ensure you get the coverage you deserve. Your well-being is worth it!
This law regulates access to primary care, specialists, hospitalization, emergencies, laboratories, medical tests, care for pregnant women, and, most importantly, removes the obstacles of pre-existing diseases. This last point is very important. Before the existence of this law, people with chronic diseases who purchased health insurance had to wait two years for the policy to cover it. Diseases such as cancer or cardiovascular disease fell into this category. It was painfully paradoxical that, despite paying for insurance, their policies excluded the beneficiary’s worst ailment for two years.
Opportunity for low-income people
For people with low and moderate incomes, Obamacare is a unique opportunity for quality health insurance subsidized by the government. With this law, policyholders can buy good health insurance at a very low price and get all its benefits.
Contact our Univista Insurance agents 305-964-8803 and let them know that you want to take advantage of the benefits that Obamacare provides.
Offering the best insurance at incredible prices