How to get cheap car insurance for young drivers?
How to get cheap car insurance for young drivers? Young drivers are amazed at the high price they must pay for their car insurance. So they are desperately looking for alternatives to lower their policies. What is behind the high prices of insurance and how to achieve less expensive contracts?
One of the fundamental causes of the price of insurance is that companies calculate premiums based on the potential risk they assume when covering a certain vehicle. Lacking a track record, a young driver is a surprise box. To determine the risk, insurers only have statistics corresponding to the age group of the insured.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), drivers between the ages of 16 and 19 have the highest rate of fatal accidents. Being car accidents the leading cause of death among adolescents in the US.
In 2019, some 5,600 young people under the age of 25 died in car accidents. This a fairly high figure if we compare it with the 4,958 drivers between 45 and 54 years old who died that same year. Keep in mind that many more people in this last age segment drive.
However, there are ways to make car insurance cheaper for young drivers and we explain them below:
- If the parents add the young driver to the existing insurance contract, the family as a whole will save more money, than if each one does it on their own.
- Another way to get a discount is to show the insurer that the young driver is a good student. That is, his teaching qualifications are “B” or higher.
- Increasing the deductible of the contract is another way to reduce the value of the auto insurance premium. Of course, everything has its consequences: you will have to pay more out of pocket, in case of suffering damage covered by insurance.
- There are many parents who choose to buy their child “the car of their dreams”. These vehicles are generally more expensive and logically affects the price of the insurance premium. It is recommended that the young driver achieve his experience driving a car that is not very expensive.
- Some companies also offer a discount to young people who pass a defensive driving school. It is another option to lower the premium.
No matter how old you are, the best recommendation is to call Univista Insurance there insurance advisors will get you the cheapest car insurance in Florida. How to get cheap car insurance for young drivers?