$60,000 – $70,000 a year
Monday to Friday and every other Saturday for a half day.
- US work authorization (Required)
- General Lines Property & Casualty License (Required)
- General Lines Life & Health License (Preferred)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Full Job Description
UniVista Insurance is an independent insurance agency that delivers industry leading insurance products and services in dynamic and innovative ways, leveraging technology, data and analytics to foster customer loyalty, employee professional growth and community recognition. Our corporate mission is to provide affordable and innovative insurance solutions that allow our customers to prepare and be protected in every situation.
UniVista Insurance has become a trusted leader among Florida insurance agencies and companies by providing quality protection, superior customer service, and offering the lowest insurance rates available in Florida. With a keen focus on servicing the growing Hispanic community in the United States, UniVista would like to capitalize on its unprecedented success throughout Florida and expand to new markets like Texas, California and Georgia.
As UniVista continues on its path of exponential expansion, there is a critical need to recruit an Agency Manager who can lead UniVista’s performance in Texas. The Agency Manager’s responsibilities include identifying weaknesses and drawing up improvement plans, setting and meeting monthly targets, and liaising with clients to ensure improved service and product delivery. You should be able to clearly communicate any performance concerns to management and make recommendations.
To be successful as an agency manager, you should have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. A first-class agency manager should be able to inspire and motivate their team while maintaining a good image of the agency’s brand.
This is a highly visible role in the organization and will be based in Houston, Texas. The Agency Manager will report into the Director of Operations.
- Recruit, screen, and train new agents.
- Analyze performance and create action plans for business improvement.
- Establish strong relationships with both staff and clients.
- Ensure all staff exercise good time and project management.
- Ensure strict adherence toagency regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Research current industry/market trends to improve business operations and performance.
- Generate reports and present key information to upper-level managers, executives, or other parties.
- Schedule and process payroll for all staff members.
- Solicitnew business opportunities for expansion.
- 3-5 years of agency management experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong time and project management skillswith the ability to manage and execute several different projects simultaneously.
- Passion for networking and building professional relationships with team members, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish given that the majority of UniVista’s customers are Hispanic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.